Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User activity stream shows all users activities

Max September 15, 2020

We updated our Jira Service Desk (v8.12.1#812002) and now the activity stream of a user (usually it showed only the activities of that user) shows every activity.

I'm speaking of that overview, when you hover of the creators name and clicked on Activity, not the Activity Stream Gadget on the Dashboard.

So far I was not able to find the setting to chance that. It may be an permissions thing, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Arbi Dridi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

This is indeed caused by the presence of the additional square brackets in the request. 

Steps to resolve are: 

1. Disable/enable the JIRA Activity Stream Plugin system plugin
  2. Clear the browser cache and reload
0 votes
Magnus Andersson October 5, 2020

Not an answer, but perhaps some clues to what the problem might be..

I recently updated to v8.12.2#812003 and got the exact same problem.

The activity streams loads from an URL that have a parameter that is a JQL query, and it seems that the parameter name is incorrect. One example is the activity stream on the profile page that loads data like this:

<jira_url>/activity?maxResults=10&streams%5B%5D=user+IS+<username>&os_authType=basic&title=undefined

This gives incorrect results, as it shows the most recent activity for all users.. But if I modify the URL to remove the %5B%5D (The "[" and "]" characters), it works.

So it seems that it send the parameter "streams[]" instead of "streams".

edit: The request is correct, but the backend doesn't seem to understand it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events