Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Portal Can Not Search Custom Field

Erin Blomert January 28, 2021

Hello,

I am using next-gen service management on cloud.

I have a custom field on my request submission form where a customer can fill in a sales number related to their problem.  It is a single-line custom field on my request type.

I have had customers complain that when they use the customer portal, if they search for their sales number, they can not find their request.  It seems searching in the customer portal ONLY searches the description field and the title.  Is there any way to enable this?  It seems ridiculous that the customer can not search based on the information that they enter.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

Hello, 

You can try our app - Advanced Portal Reports - we just released advanced search functionality by custom fields for Cloud. 

Cheers,

Boyan

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021
Erin Blomert January 29, 2021

This ticket is about searching description; in my experience that is already happening.  Strange.

I haven't been able to find a ticket asking about custom fields - I am surprised no one else is asking about it because it seems an intuitive thing to do.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events