Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Picker not working in JIRA Service Desk

Preston Warden March 3, 2021

I am using a user picker for JIRA service desk, but it isn't allowing a drop down to be there for anyone other than agents. 

It is changing from a "user picker" to a "text box" but doesn't accept any inputs. I've recreated the field. I reindexed. I changed global permissions, but nothing works. 

I'm not sure what to do. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hey @Preston Warden

Can you maybe provide a screenshot? That always helps me out to try and figure out what is going on.

Also could you show the details of the custom field you created? There should be searcher set there which might cause issues.

Preston Warden March 4, 2021

Here is what the "customer" sees:

MicrosoftTeams-image (41).png

Compared to what I see:

Picture1.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

I feel like this could be the same as here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/User-picker-field-on-portal/qaq-p/759907

makes sense that a customer cannot see in to your internal users unless they have permissions to share with anyone.

Preston Warden March 4, 2021

Dirk,

This worked perfectly!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Awesome!

Keep in mind tho that opening up that permission they can now share with everyone (which shouldn't be an issue but just need you to be aware!)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events