Use of GIT in Service Desk

Jim Stewart December 21, 2020

Unless you tell me otherwise, I can think of no reason why the agents on our HR help desk would need to use or even know what GIT is. Is there a way to hide any reference to that? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Are you using an app to connect to your Git repositories? Unfortunately, most apps do not allow you to configure which projects it should be available for, so you will end up having a reference to them in all your projects.

Jim Stewart December 21, 2020

I see. So it sounds like you're saying if the Agile crowd are using GIT (probably) it will still show up as an option in JSM. And we should just advise the agents to ignore? That's fine, just want to be sure. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

That is correct. I have a couple of apps that I have to the same for, one example is the Salesforce integration which is used by one team, but it shows up in our JSM projects which do not use that integration.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events