Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use data from Office365

Maarten Munning March 24, 2021

In the scheme incident you ask default questions like whats the problem, etc

I also like to ask in what department the person is in. We have 32 departments and domains in Office365. Is it possible in a multi select field to select from a list filled by a script with data out Office365 the department name and/or domainname?

Or can i create een list or db within Jira where i can sync domainnames and/or department names?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Maarten Munning , welcome to the Community!

It's possible to update the options of a field using Jira's REST API . You could write and run a script that periodically pulls the fields from Office365 and adds them as options for the field's dropdown in Jira.

However, for ease of setup, I would look at the Marketplace for apps that sync external data into Jira fields. There are a few options available out there! These reduce the setup complexity, and the apps handle the sync so that you don't have to set up a scheduled task.

Cheers,
Daniel

Maarten Munning September 23, 2021

We have also a Microsoft Visualstudio professional with MSDN license can we find the same devops tool there? Or do you know a good one?

I searched for Jira and find: 

Jira to Azure DevOps/TFS work item migration tool

Team Services Git Integration for JIRA

COSMO Office365 integration

Unito integration

Zapier Integration

and a lot more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE