Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use data from Office365

In the scheme incident you ask default questions like whats the problem, etc

I also like to ask in what department the person is in. We have 32 departments and domains in Office365. Is it possible in a multi select field to select from a list filled by a script with data out Office365 the department name and/or domainname?

Or can i create een list or db within Jira where i can sync domainnames and/or department names?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2021

Hi @Maarten Munning , welcome to the Community!

It's possible to update the options of a field using Jira's REST API . You could write and run a script that periodically pulls the fields from Office365 and adds them as options for the field's dropdown in Jira.

However, for ease of setup, I would look at the Marketplace for apps that sync external data into Jira fields. There are a few options available out there! These reduce the setup complexity, and the apps handle the sync so that you don't have to set up a scheduled task.

Cheers,
Daniel

We have also a Microsoft Visualstudio professional with MSDN license can we find the same devops tool there? Or do you know a good one?

I searched for Jira and find: 

Jira to Azure DevOps/TFS work item migration tool

Team Services Git Integration for JIRA

COSMO Office365 integration

Unito integration

Zapier Integration

and a lot more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,735 views 21 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you