Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use customer's full name when sending notification

We have integrated our own website with JIRA Service Desk via the API. So when a customer submits a request via our website, we create a SD request via the API using the "onBehalfOf" key to set the customer's email address. When the notification of the request is sent to the customer to acknowledge this, it uses the email address in the email. We capture the customer's full name on our site and we would like to use this to make the acknowledgement email more personal but I can't see any way to do it. I tried using "Full Name <full.name@example.com>" in the "onBehalfOf" field but that was rejected as being invalid. We could use https://manrs.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/customer to create a customer account. This would work for new customers (which mostly these are) but wouldn't work for existing customers. When editing the notification email template it only seems to list a few fields that can be used as variables so I'm not sure setting a custom field for this would work.

Have I missed something? Is there a better way to approach this?

1 answer

1 vote
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 06, 2022

Hi @Andy Clyde 

Use ${event.user.name} Variable in Body of notification scheme

Thanks,
Pramodh

How do I set the name via the API call? I'm using https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/4.21.0/#servicedeskapi/request-createCustomerRequest to create the request.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

753 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you