Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Custom Field in the Project Automation Rule 'Set organization'

Hannes October 5, 2020

Hey everybody,

in the 'standard' Project Automation Rule called 'Set organization using reporter's email domain' I want to replace the value 'Use reporters e-mail domain' with a Custom Field called 'Company'. How can I achieve this? 

Thanks a lot!

screenshot 1.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Hannes October 5, 2020

Hi Jack,

Company will be a text field filled via API.

I want to use the mentioned rule 'Create organizaton if it doesn't exist'. If the organization = company add the customer; If the organization <> company, create first the organization and add the customer.

Would this work when I fill the organization field via API directly?

Best,

Hannes

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

Hi @Hannes , so when and how is the Company field getting set? Just wondering if you can simply copy the value in Company into Organization field following some trigger. My only concern/unknown is whether this is possible based on the field type. I assume Company is some drop down field and you would need to ensure that every option there has a equivalent Organization defined.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

pulling discussion back into this thread...

TBH, i'm not sure. Interesting idea here as it appears you are trying to overcome the manual housekeeping that is currently necessary with organizations and customer in thouse organizations. I would need to play w/ this idea and will do so if I get some time later but won't be today given my schedule.

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2022

I have been trying to solution something similar. It would be nice for internal IT teams if we could use IDP to set organizations based on IDP attribute which would be super helpful. 

With this I am trying to come up with a similar solution based on customers department. We do have this field available on our tickets but not all tickets. 

If you had an identifying  field to point to you could run an automation to say if field A = field B then set organization to organization A. 

Another thing that would be helpful is if you could use an attribute from the users Atlassian profile like department or job title to automate against for organizations. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events