Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Jira Roadmap for Jira Service Desk

Grayson Bishop September 22, 2020

I know that Atlassian just released the Jira Roadmap feature for classic projects (see JSWCLOUD-17214  and https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap-1004952906.html).

Is it possible to get this roadmap to work with a Jira Service Desk (JSD) Project? I tried setting up a board in a classic project with a filter that only shows tickets from the one JSD project, but I get an error that I have to change the filter to only have tickets from the classic project the board is in.

Roadmap Error.pngWhen I create a personal board the option for the Beta Roadmap doesn't show up either. Any ideas or workarounds to start using the roadmap feature for a JSD project?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

no that is not possible and TBH not sure it makes sense in the context of the designed uses of JSD.

Lewis Cook October 23, 2020

Hi Jack,

I've come across this whilst looking into the following use case:

1. Use JSD for your change management process
  2. Want to understand, schedule and resource those changes
  3. Want a visual representation of those changes
Like Sebastian Jopen likes this
Sebastian Jopen April 30, 2021

Hi Jack,

In my opinion roadmap for JSD absolutely makes sense. We use JSD to interact with our clients. However, to plan their projects we would definitely need roadmap. 

If you think in the classical boxes of JSW and JSD, it could not make sense.

If you do not understand JSD as a tool for an internal it department but for agile work with clients, it does. 

I do not understand why Atlassian does not roll out features more generic over JSW and JSD

James Halpin November 23, 2021

I would wholeheartedly agree with Sebastian here. 

We use JSD so our large clients can submit tickets for work requests. However, we are currently planning a large-scale project for that client, and I've just created a multitude of epics, only to discover that roadmaps aren't supported. So I'll need to create an entirely new, parallel project in JSW just to utilize the roadmapping feature :/ 

Like # people like this
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2021

What planning or overview do you need from Jira Roadmap?

If you just need the aggregation to get summaries, you might use Epic Sum Up(our plugin) to roll up the values like this:
screenshot-aptis.atlassian.net-2021.11.24-12_02_24.png

In this image I have mixed up Tickets that are connected to Epics and they are part of the Customer Project in a different Jira-Project (Jira Software). For Rollup, and summaries this can help maybe?

0 votes
Alexandr Movergan May 19, 2022

I could've used Roadmap in the Service Desk project too. The requests coming from users are large projects and Roadmap would've helped a lot in planning. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events