Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Url to logout and redirect to projects

Micko May 20, 2020

This should be simple but has me stumped.

I'd like to place an announcement on our customer portal with a link that logs out the current user and redirects them to our Jira projects.

JSDSERVER-1367 identifies the issue at hand.

Service desk limitations.png

"https://jira.domain.com/projects" is the final destination but I need to logout first.

If I use the project url, they get redirected to the portal. If I send them to the logout page, they confirm but then get redirected to the login or sign up portal page without access to the original announcement link.

https://jira.domain.com?destination=projects&logout=true - I've seen links like this but can't find one that works.

1 answer

0 votes
Micko May 21, 2020

As a workaround, I've added an announcement to the login page with a link to our Jira projects.

Portal settings | View and customise | Login announcement

Portal - login.png

I altered the portal announcement to include a logout link but I can't even get that to work. It's a bit convoluted but at least the clicks would be available if the logout URL worked.

Service desk limitations - logout.png

The standard logout button is an anchor link to a single # (scroll to empty id or refresh) but that doesn't work as a URL link.

<a class="js-logout" href="#">Log out</a>

The destination URL looks like this but that doesn't work either.

jira.domain.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/login?destination=portal&logout=true

The standard URL below works from Jira or from the portal as a Jira user but not as a portal customer.

jira.domain.com/secure/Logout.jspa

Does anyone know a URL I can include in an announcement link to logout a portal customer?

Paul Mata May 28, 2021

@Micko  did you ever get this working? I'm interested for a solution to a similar problem.

Micko June 1, 2021

No I didn't @Paul Mata. I left the logout URL as text without a link.Serive desk limitations.jpg

The lack of subdomain support to resolve this and not allowing service desk customers to view, comment and vote on Jira issues are the main reasons I wish I'd never settled on Atlassian solutions.

Like Paul Mata likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events