Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Server

Kirill Putryk May 3, 2019

Hello,

Please can you give me some manuall step-by-step, how I can update my Jira Service Desk wich is on Linux server? 

Unfortunately we fired our linux administrator and I am not so familiar with linux...

Thank you

Kirill

4 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

@Kirill Putryk , first if I were in your shoes I would hire another admin or at least contract with someone. With that said there are a number of resources you can have a look at:

1. you can use the Community search bar at the top of this page to find other threads on this
  2. you can search Atlassian's documentation on upgrading. Here is one link to get you started but I recommend you search the documentation that applies to your current version.
  3. you can seek assistance from Atlassian Partners. Check for one near you.

I wouldn't expect you will get a step-by-step guide answered here as some of it will depend on your current installation.

Kirill Putryk May 5, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thank you for fast reply. And unfortunate answers :D I think move our Jira to cloud is the answer then, as long as I do not want to hire any Linux admin :D.

2 votes
Stearns B May 3, 2019

If you don't have Linux experience, I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself - as suggested contract with someone, hire someone or wait.  Doing an upgrade, even with following the steps outlined by Jira will be very hard if you don't have Linux experience.  Do you know what Linux you're running?  CentOS?

1 vote
David Lunsford May 3, 2019

Depends on your level of comfort and method of initial installation, you can follow this Atlassian documentation below:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/upgrading-jira-applications-using-the-installer-935390935.html

Be sure to make a backup or snapshot of your virtual machine (powered-off) before you execute this action. 

David Lunsford May 3, 2019

As Jack stated, I'd recommend contacting an Atlassian Partner if you don't have strong Linux skills ... leave it to the experts save yourself some headache. 

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

@Kirill Putryk - any luck upgrading your Jira instance?

If not, what version of Jira Service Management and Jira Software are you on currently?

Kirill Putryk December 18, 2020

Hi Dave, in the end we decided to move to cloud version. We are small team, so it is better for us. Thank you for askind :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events