Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Request Type in JSM when Issue is Created in Jira (i.e., Channel = Jira)

Anna Rivera December 22, 2020

Hello,

Good day! We are trying to update the Customer Request Type field via a workflow post function.  I know that this is easily achievable via automation (Action = Edit request type) however by using this solution, we are experiencing an issue when sending out the Approval required customer notification.

As an overview, we are creating record in our Service Management project not always from the portal but sometimes from Jira itself.  When creating records from Jira itself, the Customer Request Type is left blank thus customer notifications are not being sent out.  As an initial workaround, we created an automation to set the Customer Request Type when an issue is created from Jira (i.e., Channel = Jira).  This solution works perfectly when the approvers of the record is also set via one of our automations. 

However, we have a specific record where we had to pull the approver from an attribute of an Insight object and we were able to do this via an Insight Post function in the workflow itself.  This is where we're having an issue where the Approval required customer notification errors out because the Customer Request Type is not yet set when the approvers were set.  

We are now looking for a way to include the update on the Customer Request Type field via an Insight Post-function using a groovy script.  I was trying to achieve this by using "getRelevantConfig()" and "getOptions()" but I couldn't make it work :(  Is this even achievable? 

Alternatively, is there a way to somehow "delay" the customer notifications so that the necessary fields are already updated before trying to send the customer notifications? 

Appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Anna

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events