Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find relevant smart value for linked issue

Vinodkumar Mayur November 29, 2022

Hello Team,

I have recently created two projects. One is JSM and other is Jira software. We have established workflow between these two projects. They are as below.

When Agent escalates Service Desk ticket, It creates a child/linked issue under Jira software and customer gets to notify about the escalated message, but for now I have added complete dashboard link for them to be across the escalated ticket, which I do not want. I just want them to click on the child ticket created when escalated and track their issue.

I tried to add the below smart values, But it doesn't pull up recent ones, instead it pulls all. I have also used other smart values, But still no luck. Can you guys help?

Smart Values used so far:

{{issue.issuelinks}}

{{issue.issuelinks.get(0).Issue}}
{{issue.issuelinks.get(1).Issue}}

None of them helped. Please suggest.

1 answer

0 votes
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Vinodkumar Mayur 

I'm trying to understand your scenario but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by

but for now I have added complete dashboard link for them to be across the escalated ticket, which I do not want. I just want them to click on the child ticket created when escalated and track their issue.

It sounds like you currently have an automation that sends a notification to the customer when the issue is escalated (maybe a comment or email notification?) that provides a link to a dashboard where they can see the Jira Software issue that was created, and you are wanting to change that to instead include a direct link to the issue. Is this the goal? If not could you elaborate on this a bit more?

Vinodkumar Mayur December 5, 2022

Sorry for the delayed response. Correct, Instead of providing dashboard link, I want them to access issue key link. The rule should run after the child ticket is created and automation comments should include child ticket's issue key link and let them customer redirect to the issue key link.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events