Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create screen customisation for specific Portal under Jira Service Desk

Deleted user May 23, 2021

Unable to create screen customization for specific Portal under Jira Service Desk. 

Activity Performed : 

1) SCreen Scheme Update / Customisation done 

2) Issue Type selection doene 

The same is not reflected for the customer Portal when log in as a customer . 

Detailed Description : 

Issue in screen customization [ Issue Create Screen for a specific Customer ]

Objective :  We are trying to create specific screen for issue creation for specific customer .

Problems description :  

IN Configure Screen Scheme , relevant customization has been done under Default screen and the other Create Update screen .

Screen has been configured with extra TAB “ Customer Details”  [ Default Screen ]

Customer Login to the portal does not reflecting the new TAB added .

Screen customization for the Customer is not reflecting .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

Customers do not use the screens you define for the issues, they see the portal view of the request that sits in front of the issue.

Go to project admin -> request types and click on the request that you want to change the customer view for.  The tabs across the top are for configuring the agent view, the customer view and how the customer sees the workflow

Deleted user May 27, 2021

Hi,

Please suggest how to change the default screen for the customer login. 

Chris Stephens July 26, 2021

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

This is helpful - thanks. However what I want to do is to have a field displayed in the portal view but only the agent can set the value.

Use case: I need the customer to know which staging environment to go to to perform UAT. It makes no sense for the customer to specify this themselves but they do need to know it when it becomes relevant. Putting it in a comment is not a great solution - too hard to find.

Can you help with this?

Thanks!

Chris

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

I don't think there's a way to do this without using a theming app to inject static data.

Chris Stephens July 27, 2021

Thanks, Nic. I have no idea what that means but I'll investigate.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events