Unable to add transition to status

Megan Moore June 11, 2021

Hi all, I added the status "waiting for customer" in a workflow. but cannot transition out of it. What do I need to do to allow it to offer me the chance to add a transition out? See screenshot. Thanks.Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 7.58.58 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Can you switch to diagram view and see if you can drag a transition from whatever status you wish to waiting for customer?

Jack, thank you. I am such a Jira novice! I have not been able to yet figure out dragging, but I tried two things.

1. I tried creating a transition from the diagram view. Got this. Published and tried again, same message.Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.27.07 AM.png

2. Tried to reuse an existing transition, which would be perfect. Got this.Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.30.35 AM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

You need to make a copy of the workflow then edit under inactive workflows then associate the new workflow with the desired issue types.

Jack, you have put me on the right track, and I am grateful. I've learned a lot and it's fixed now. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events