Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to add particular emails on service desks

Edited

Hi,

I've been having issues with adding a particular stakeholder for one of our clients to a service desk via the Customers section. It appears to be their specific email that Jira just doesn't like. Their email address is formatted as n.<theirname>@client.co.uk.

I've included the n. at the beginning because THAT appears to be the issue. When I tried to add variants, including <theirname>@client.co.uk, no.<theirname>@client.co.uk and m.<theirname>@client.co.uk, Jira accepted all three. But the n.? No. Jira just said "Enter a valid email address". It wasn't just the format of a single letter then a period, it was the letter n that seemed to be the issue.

Well, it is a valid email address, because I've been emailing said individual using it.

Has anyone run into this issue and found a fix or workaround?

1 answer

0 votes

@James Betts 

To add customers in the portals, it's just by the users' emails, you can use a comma to differentiate them.
The pattern "Full Name A<emailA@domiain>", "Full Name B<emailB@domiain>", end up not being possible to add :\

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Hi @Carlos Faddul

The issue is not that I was adding in their names as well as their email addresses. I'm aware that only the latter is required.

As I illustrated above the issue is that there is some hyper-specific error occurring with one user's email address where Jira will outright reject their email as valid, even though similarly-structured permutations of their email address are acceptable.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events