Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access User

Patty July 2, 2021

Hi - I've set up Confluence for my company, hoping to convince them to adopt it.  For now, I'm using the free plan and my aim is to roll this out to the entire organisation.

When I tried to access "user" to double check if I have missed anyone, it says I don't have the permission and need to reach out to my Admin for help.

"You need permission

Request access from your administrator."

I've sent an email to the team (mistakenly the billing team) and he was able to confirm that I'm indeed an Admin already.  I am reluctant to proceed with Confluence if I can't access all the admin feature as I'm certain that everyone from my founder to my HR will come to me with questions and for resolution if I roll it out. Please can someone help?

Thanks so much!

Patty

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Hi @Patty 

Sorry, I don't know if I have understood very well what is happening to you, but if you are the administrator you can use all the confluence functionalities.

Now, like any application, you will need to determine permission levels for the different users who access confluence, unless you want everyone to be an administrator, a fact that I do not suggest.

Cheers

Patty July 3, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas - thanks for your reply.  I don't understand the issue that I encounter either as it doesn't make any sense. I'm an admin (confirmed by Atlassian's support); however, I'm unable to access "User", which requires Admin permission. I'm baffled by this.  Any tips that you've got to unlock that access / permission will be much appreciated.  Thanks so much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events