Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two email addresses on one account

Dylan Chadinha October 7, 2020

Hi All,

Please could you advise if it is possible to link two email addresses to one user account on Jira?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Dylan Chadinha , 

sadly, this had been a long requested issue with Atlassian which at the moment is not being considered. You could look it up here.
There have been made some workarounds if you read the comments there but none of them are still working I think. 

Please vote and watch the issue to keep up-to-date with new developments. 

- Tessa

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

I don't see this getting implemented TBH and the status of "Not being considered" reflects that. IMO this should be handled outside of Jira by setting up a forwarding rule if someone wants the notification going to two addresses.

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey , 

completely true for outgoing notifications. I think they're talking about incoming mails. 
And it's sad that that's not being considered. :) 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2020

yes indeed. users can only have one email. the user ID is really the email so having two emails would equate to two users.

0 votes
Dylan Chadinha October 9, 2020

Thank you so much for the feedback :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders