Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Users/Customers not receiving emails form Jira

Lewis July 12, 2021

Hi,

There are at least two users that we know of who are not receiving notification emails from Jira for any events, that all other users do receive.

They are able to raise tickets by emailing our support address but nothing seems to go out to them. No creation confirmation or update notifications. We can't see anything being picked up by our mail filter either.

Notification checker says they do not have permission to view their issue. This also seems to be the case for users who are are receiving email notifications though.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

First are these users customers or do they have application access through JSW/JWM license? If they are customers please check two things: first that they are the reporter of the issue second that they were customer request type is set. 

Lewis July 13, 2021

They are both customers without linked accounts. Both users are the reporters of their own issues, set automatically. The request type is the same as what our email channel uses by default.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Thanks for confirming that.

I assume you have checked the project settings customer notifications? The other thing I would check is to create a test customer and run some tests to observe results. Or if you can get one of the customers that you know are experiencing the issue to test with you all the better. I would also want to verify that any customer is actually receiving an email. In other words we need to know whether all customers are experiencing the issue or only some. If the later, what is unique?

Lewis July 13, 2021

Yes, customer notifications are set up and are working for other customers.

I have tried previously and had one of the users create numerous test issues, which all had the same result of no email being delivered to them. I also tried adding the user as a participant to their own email-created issue as well as issues created by others, with the same result.

The customer is receiving all other emails both internally and externally.

The issue seems to be affecting at least two users that I have come across so far. We have over 300 users in the business, most older than the affected but a large amount are newer and they are all receiving notifications as expected.

There is no difference in terms of email configuration between any users, they are all on our O365 platform and all set up via the same process.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Thanks for all the details. At this point I’m out of ideas. It sure seems like something on the customer side if everything else is as you have mentioned. It might take that Laskin support to look into the detail logs on their side to see if the email was actually sent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events