cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Approver Workflow from

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hi there,

I am trying to build a double layer approval process that pulls a second manager from Insight if required.
I have the first layer complete, where based on a selected product the approver is pulled in from insight and added to the issue.

In Insight I have 'Manager2' as an attribute against the products if it needs a second layer of approval (higher value items are such).

I have added the second Approval status to the workflow but then this is where it gets muddy.

Not every product has a value in Manager2.  

Do I need to build an automation to check if an issue transitions from the first approval status to the second one and then do a lookup into Insight.  If Manager2 is empty then automatically transition it to the next step in the workflow otherwise edit the issue with Approver being the Manager2.user that is assigned in insight.

That is what I thought I could do but I am just not getting it to hang together and end up chucking automations out the window left right and centre :)

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

So there are a couple of options here, you either add both managers at the same time, then have a second automation that triggers when the request moves to your second approve status. This one would check and see if Manager2 is empty, and if so, use that approve action to move it out of that status.

Another option is what you were thinking to only lookup Manager2 when the request moves into that status, and if the lookup is empty, use the approve action.

I use both options, for our application access requests I use the second one that first adds Manager, and once they approve, lookup access approvers in Insight.

The first option is used for our promotion/transfer process which needs approvals from at least two teams, and sometimes 4 teams.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events