cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on notifications when there is a new request on help desk

Steven May 23, 2022

Hi all,

I've been new to JSM. I have 2 questions below:

1. I have multiple projects for the help desk: https://planetsandbox.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

But it's been hard to manage. Where can I access to see all queues of all projects?

2. I didn't get any notifications about new requests, how can I turn it on?

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Steven , welcome to the Community!

For your first question, there is technically not a "global queue" that monitors all projects available out of the box. You have two options for this:

1. Use Filters/Dashboards - Filters can be created with Jira's query language to displays issues that match your criteria. You will only see issues returned for project's that you have access to. (so the results may vary user to user) Dashboards can be powered from Filters and display results in a central area (e.g. by adding a Filter Result gadget to a "Global Dashboard" which reports on all projects)
  2. Purchase a third-party plugin that provides cross-project queues

For your second question, you will need to make sure your project's Notification Scheme has been configured correctly- look for the "Issue Created" notification. In addition, Customer Notifications are a separate configuration in JSM projects.

There is also a helpful tool called the Notification Helper which can help you understand why certain notifications are not being sent.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events