Trying to replicate some current dashboard functionality into JSM

Steven Lees-Smith April 27, 2022

Hi there,

As part of our onboarding process we have a dashboard that shows the current weeks new starters, next weeks new starters, all the current tickets in the queue (just to give someone the ability to eyeball all the starters coming) and these are basically shown in grids with various bits of information (a ticket for another time)..  the most important part of the dashboard is the summary of new starters that can be filtered per site and date range.

This image shows two things, the summary which is on the righthand side of the dashbaord and I have also pasted in the lookup table that powers it just to show how the data is built.

NewStarterNeeds.jpg

A critical field for our new starters is the craft, as you can see from the top part of the image, everything is based around the craft.  When a new starter ticket is created there are numerous fields that are written against that pulls data from the lookup table (shown in the lower half of the image above), to populate the ability to run queries against new starter per craft.

As you can see the top part shows a summary that is needed per craft based on the total number of starters in that craft for the time frame, clicking on the total allows a technician to drill down and see a summary of all those records.

The lower half of the form is just a summary for the support engineers to look at and ensure they have all of the equipment /licenses they need for the new starters.

We are just starting to deploy JSM Cloud to replace our current on-prem ITSM solution but dashboards like this are crucial for the Support teams especially when we are ramping up for a production and we can start 30+ people per week.

I would love to hear some thoughts as to how would could replicate this sort of reporting based on a field on a request type and data derived from a lookup table.

Thanks all.

1 answer

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Steven Lees-Smith,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Do you plan to build this dashboard within Jira or to use an external tool?

We offer a Jira cloud app (Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards) which enables you to filter Jira dashboard gadgets dynamically. So it would be possible to add the "Quick two-dimensional filter statistics" gadget to your Jira dashboard and filter it with the Quick Controller.

But regarding the complexity of your use case, I am not able if it is able to fulfill all of your requirements.

You can have a look at our demo dashboards, to understand how it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events