Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to insert data from "Due Date" field within the body of my customer notification

GASPARICH, JENILEE December 23, 2021

My team is creating a new customer portal to submit incoming requests to our team. One field the customer fills out is 'Due Date'. We can't figure out the syntax for how to pull the due date information into an outgoing customer notification. Is this even possibly to insert a date variable in a message? I can't recall if this uses JSON?

Here is the email. The issue due date is NOT populating in our email

Just confirming that we got your request for : {color:blue} ${issue.key} {color} - *${issue.summary}*

It is under review and if a consultation is required, we will set up a meeting. Feel free to invite all subject matter experts as needed.

As a reminder - the *Requested Due Date* you provided was : ${{issue.Due date}}

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Have you tried {{issue.duedate}} 

please see the automation docs - jira-smart-values-issues 

I have tried that, and unfortunately it doesn't work either. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Can you share your exact automation? 

In Project Settings, Notifications, this is the CONTENT:

Just confirming that we got your request for : {color:blue} ${issue.key} {color} - *${issue.summary}*

It is under review and if a consultation is required, we will set up a meeting. Feel free to invite all subject matter experts as needed.

As a reminder - the *Requested Due Date* you provided was : ${{issue.Due date}}

IS this what you mean?

2021-12-23_15-50-21.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2021

@GASPARICH, JENILEE ,

please see the results of my test. I set up a basic manual triggered rule an sent an email to the initiator. Below is my rule and below that the results. You will note the I used two different syntax (with and without space) in subject and body. The body was a copy/paste from your automation. As you will see it works fine in both cases. Please restate exactly what you are seeing or not seeing. Note, I’m not sure why you are including the “$”.

0B326C61-6EB4-4312-ACF9-BAEF2CA0215F.jpeg7CED14E6-0DB6-4D65-B0DA-11C0B4D02B07.jpeg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events