Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Butler - Trigger due date is reached

IT Team November 9, 2021

Hi, 

I'm trying to set up the following Trello ButlerTrigger: when due date is reached, move the card From A to B column. I don't find how to do it. Can you pls help me?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Renee Dubuc February 11, 2022

Hi there, sounds like you want to make a custom Butler trigger. Follow these steps using Trello in the browser on a desktop (I don't think you can make rules on the mobile app):

1. Click your Trello card, then scroll down to the "Automation" section on the right side of the card. 

2. Click "Add Button."

trello automation button.PNG

2. Click "Create a custom button"

trello automation button dropdown.PNG

3. A Butler menu will appear. Click "Due Date" on the left side, then click "Create Command" in the top right corner.

trello butler.PNG

4. Choose your template by clicking the blue and white plus sign next to the trigger you want. In your case, it sounds like you want to select the one that says "The moment a card is due."

trello butler due date trigger.PNG

5. Then select the actions that will occur once the trigger is activated. For your case, I recommend "Move the card to the top of list [list name]." You can optionally choose a board name if you want this card to move across boards.

trello butler due date action.PNG

6. Click "Save" in the top right corner. This rule will now apply to all cards on the specified board that fit the criteria, except for cards that were made previously.

The Butler warns "Due date triggers are not retroactive. For example, if you enter a command that says 2 days before a card is due, ..., this will not trigger for cards that are already due in 2 days or less. It will trigger the moment a card becomes due in 2 days through the passage of time, starting from the moment the command is entered."

Hope this helps, 

Renée

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events