Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition on comment is not being executed

Dimitrios Danampasis October 28, 2020

When some Reporters are responding to tickets by adding a comment, the automation rule Transition on comment is not being executed. As you can see in the picture, both of the conditions are met but the rule doesn't trigger.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot than Automation Log from the Project Settings?

The Reporter has the Customer Role and here, it seems the ticket has a Request Type:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 09.26.39.png

Here you can see the comment that is not triggering the rule:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 09.26.55.png

And this is from the Automation Log:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 09.22.56.png

1 answer

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Dimitrios Danampasis ,

I don't know direct any other way to troubleshoot than Automation Log from the Project Settings.

Is the reporter only a customer or (also) a Jira Software or Jira Servicedesk user?

And has the reporter added the comment via the portal or via the backend?

greetings Marco

Dimitrios Danampasis October 28, 2020

Hi @Marco Brundel

Thanks for the response.

I didn't verify that, but in the first screenshot, the Channel attribute specifies Portal which I think means that the issue was created via the portal.

And the Reporter is just a customer in the scope of the project. But he also has application access to Jira Software which shouldn't affect the project. Correct?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Dimitrios Danampasis 

It must be correct but maybe because the Reporter is a customer and also has application access to Jira Software is Jira not react the right way.

I advise you to inform of the reporter added the comment via the portal or via the backend? And when it's done from the backend, then test how it works when comment is added from the portal.
And also test it, if possible, with a customer that isn't a software-user.

It is not directly a resolution, but maybe you can find this way what the problem is.

Like Dimitrios Danampasis likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events