Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets created by the agent do not trigger customer notification.

Tim Rutschi January 24, 2021

When I create a ticket as an admin/agent, the customer does not receive a mail about the process, even when I address the comment in the ticket to the customer. I checked the settings several times but found nothing. When the customer opens the ticket everything works as it should. Of course I create the ticket on behalf of the customer, so he is shown as the author.

Can anyone help me with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Tim Rutschi 

How are your agents creating  tickets? Direct JIRA UIs create button or from the portal and creating on behalf of?

If the later , then please check and ensure that your customer request type field is populated with the correct request type. If this field is empty, no notification is sent to the customer.

You can automate this using the automation addon in Jira

• When issue created
  • IF: Customer Request Type is empty
  • Then: Set a specific customer request type matching the issue type.

Check this and let us know please. Especially how they create issues and if the mentioned field is empty.

Tim Rutschi January 24, 2021

All right, thanks. As an agent, I used the "Create" button on the web UI. Found it out now. It was a authorization problem. I used as issue type the "Incident" on which the user has no permission (In hindsight quite logical :-D ).

Now I created another ticket with "support request". It worked!

Thanks anyway for your time :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events