Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets comments are not updating when we reply via email.

James Styles August 19, 2020

We have set up an IMAP mail handler to our Jira Service Desk - Free account.  The handler is set to "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue".  Our users can create issues by emailing our internal support email address without issues.  As agents, we can add a comment into the ticket and it will email the comment to our end-user via email.  BUT when the end-user replies to the email, it is not adding a comment to the issue.  Please advise what we could have missed!

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2020

Hello James, 

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

As Jack mentioned, for service desk projects the correct place to configure the mail handler is directly in the project.

Also, it's possible to see the logs for the mail handler and it helps to identify why an email didn't generate a ticket or a comment.

Please, go to Project settings > Channels > Email and click on "View logs".

On the Processing log tab, it's possible to see what emails were successfully processed and the ones that failed to create tickets/comments.

Please, check the logs and let us know if it shows any error.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

I think you are setting up the email channel incorrectly. It seems you have setup an incoming mail handler under settings > system. The mail channel for JSD is setup under each project > project settings > email requests. Can you confirm?

James Styles August 19, 2020

Hey Jack,

Thanks for your suggestion.  So when I view Project Settings, I see Channels -> Email.  Within here, I do see our connected email account (G Suite).  I also see that under Customer Permissions we have "Anyone can send a request via the portal or support@OURDOMAIN.com".

Thanks again for your help,

James

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events