We have searched for similar posts however our problem still persists.
When a client send email to our jira service management instance (via default email configuration) attachments will not appear in the created ticket.
- Files have different sizes, even a 5KB file did not appear
- There are no errors shown in the email logs
- We tried different file extensions, .pdf,.txt,.png none seems to work
- Some emails have body and some don't
- Portal users have attachment privileges; they can add attachment from comments
- We sent emails from different services; gmail,yandex,outlook (desktop)
- This issue occurs on different service projects with different automation rules and one without any automation rule.
- When we download raw email from logs, we can open the email with attachment inside.
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
We found the problem;
Attachment field was hidden for the "emailed request" request type. Made the field visible and now our customers can again attach files to ticket on creation.
Although now we see all attachments duplicate in attachment field and comment, main problem seems to be solved.
Great reference for others who might have similar problems can be found here:
Hello everyone! We are very excited to announce some much needed changes to the issue create experience in JSM (the blue "create" button) at the top of the screen. We have just starte...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events