Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket system in service desk

Jay S April 14, 2017

I picked up service desk with a 3 agent license, because I'm the only dev of the software I work on. In testing the impementation, each customer that signs up takes up an agent slot, and customers cannot sign up to report issues after the first two(me + first two = 3 agents). What am I doing wrong here?

3 answers

0 votes
Jay S April 14, 2017

I've followed the following best I can: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/enabling-public-signup-and-captcha-861253180.html

I say best I can because "Go to Project administration > Request security." doesn't exist for me that I can find. However I went to Customer Permissions and checked "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal" under who can raise requests.

This hasn't resolved my issue, and new custoemrs are not added to the service desk customers project role.

0 votes
Jay S April 14, 2017

I performed a fresh install(again).

I created a default project that is project type Service Desk.

I went to Applications > Configuration and changed Public signup to YES.

I went to Project Settings > Customer permissions > Who can raise requests? and changed it to Anyone.

I attempted to create a new customer by going to site.com:8080/secure/Dashboard.jspa and clicked Not a member? Sign up for an account.

I created an account, and the account was added to the jira-servicedesk-users group, thus consuming an agent license.

I don't know how to set it up so a new user signing up has no group, so they can raise tickets, access the customer portal, and not consume agent licenses. I've been googling this for two days with no success.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2017

You've added the agents group(s) to the "can log in" settings under "global permissions".  That means all new users get added to the group automatically.

Check the permission, and chop it down to just the user groups you need automated additions for.  Then go through your groups and remove people who have been added accidentally.

Jay S April 14, 2017

I've gone to System > Global permissions but I don't see the "can log in" setting. By default all users creating an account are added to jira-servicedesk-users, which I then have to remove them from.

I can't seem to find where the new account template is that defines which groups they're automatically a member of. When I remove the user from that group it opperates like a customer, which is what i'm after.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events