Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket reporters attachments are not saving when logging a ticket

Aimee Armitage September 30, 2020

Our clients are telling us when they are raising tickets they are adding attachments (typically screenshots) whilst logging the request.

when the ticket is then created, the attachment is not there and so are then adding this in as a comment (if they notice its missing) or we end up having to ask what they are referring to as the screenshot is not there.

Looking at the logs it doesn’t appear to suggest a file was attached on the initial ticket creation.

We have only started to see this issue arise since being on cloud?

2 answers

0 votes
Seth Cavanagh September 30, 2020

We're currently experiencing the same problem. So far it's happening every time

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Aimee Armitage 

When we create tickets, any attachments are automatically added as a comment.  Is this not happening in every case?

When you think there should be an attachment that isn't showing, what shows when you click on the '...' on the right hand side and click 'View Attachments'?

Aimee Armitage September 30, 2020

Hi @Liam Green 

Thanks for the reply!

In answer to the first question, no it’s not happening in every case.

I’m not sure where to find the ‘View Attachments’ option that’s mentioned.

I clicked on the ‘…’ next to the Attachments section and this is what I got:

Sort by name, sort by date, ascending, descending, thumbnails, list, download all, manage attachments. 

Clicking ‘Manage Attachments’ just shows me the same thing really but in a slightly different view (no options that I can see). 

Does this help?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Aimee Armitage 

The '...' should be on the far right of the screen.

image.png

If you click on it does it give you the View attachments and Download all attachments as shown above, and is this the same on tickets where you think there should be an attachment but there isn't?

Thanks, Liam

Aimee Armitage October 1, 2020

@Liam Green 

I am only getting download all option (i get this on the '...' above the attachments drop box but not on my main page '...' options (hope this makes sense) - on an example ticket where I know a client tried to add an attachment when first raising the ticket but has since uploaded them once the ticket was created - when i go to download all i only get what i can already see in the drop box and nothing more.

I feel the issue is with the first dropbox that the client is presented with when first raising the ticket (for some reason and it doesnt happen everytime and has been reported by several different clients over the last 12 months - we are not hearing of reports of having issues adding attachments once the ticket is created / submitted - any attachments added once submitted and with 'us' to resolve we and the client add them no problem ) 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2020

@Aimee Armitage 

This is very odd.

I think the best way forward is to monitor the issue an see if you can pinpoint any patterns? 

Also, it may be worth logging a ticket with Jira support directly

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events