Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket not being created and creators not receiving email

Michael Handa January 11, 2021

We have an organization that is having multiple issues.

I have logs that show the email was sent to create the ticket but the creator didn't receive a notice of the creation and there is no evidence of a creation of the ticket.

I also have, in the same organization, creators not receiving email when they create the ticket.

I have looked but the logs are very limited in what we can see. How can these issues be sufficiently looked into with out this ability?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Let's dig in a bit.

• Verify that Customer notifications are enabled for Request created (project settings > Customer notifications)
  • Can you confirm that the Reporter is indeed set to the individual that sent the email (from address).
  • Can you confirm what is in the Customer Request Type field for the same issue?
  • Verify that Customer notifications are enabled for Request created (project settings > Customer notifications)
    • yes. we have about 3 clients most seem to be working fine
  • Can you confirm that the Reporter is indeed set to the individual that sent the email (from address).
    • first time ticket creation for the user. just now tried adding the user email to the org and am denied with a vague error
  • Can you confirm what is in the Customer Request Type field for the same issue?
    • no issue created- let's focus on the initial issue of not creating since this is a bigger problem.

The error when trying to manually create the user is that the email is not valid. the Organization has many emails from that domain and is valid. It could be these are related in that if Service Desk believes that any email from that domain is not valid, it will not respond to any ticket creation.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

thanks, sorry I misread your post and was assuming this was a notification only thing so let me rewind here.

You should have an error in the email logs (project settings > email request > view logs) for the recent attempt. What exactly does it convey?

You mention the user could not be added to the org and you receive a vague error. What is that error? I assume the user does not exist in the instance at all, can you confirm - admin > user management > Jira Service Management. Also check to see if they exist directly w/in User Management.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2021

regarding why it is failing, I suspect you are correct. So the issue now is why is the email seen as invalid. I have never seen this happen w/ any valid domain. If something isn't immediately obvious here I would suggest contacting Atlassian Support. They can log into your instance and check things out.

see above "The error when trying to manually create the user is that the email is not valid." for one that was attempted to be created today.

I do see another with "Current user is not active" for a failed creation for that Organization.

will do thanks!. sorry I hadn't refreshed and was mid response for a bit.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2021

if the user is already created an "inactive" you can try to reactivate them

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events