Ticket is closed but stays closed on 'All open' section of IT helpdesk

Ollie Bell May 12, 2021

Can anyone understand why my ticket says 'Closed' as it was resolved, and normally when you close a ticket it disappears into the 'Completed' tab of Jira.all open.PNGclosed box.PNGThis closed ticket stays in the 'All open' section of the helpdesk.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Ollie Bell,

Before anything else, validate whether this ticket has a resolution filled out. Usually that is the main reason when something like this happens. 

Ollie Bell May 12, 2021

Hello Walter,

I did resolve the ticket before hand, and then 'close' and it remained on all open tickets, I've permanently deleted the ticket from the helpdesk, and press close again, this worked, must have been an odd way of closing off the ticket. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

It may have been a temporary indexing issue as well, you know. But if you deleted the ticket, I think there's no way of finding out what was the real cause of the issue.

Anyway, glad you got around it 😉

Ollie Bell May 12, 2021

Yes, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events