Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket creation from email and Parsing email body to map custom fields

Maryam Nadir October 5, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have an ask to create JSM tickets from email requests and to map custom fields with values(retrieved by parsing email body)

I want to know if this is something achievable in JIRA? is there any plugin that helps achieve this?

I am new to JIRA and hence any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

regards

Mariyam

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

@Maryam Nadir -

Based on my experience, by default the email body content will automatically be added to issue's description field and the email subject line will become the issue summary.

I believe you will need further customization (code development) or add-on (JEMH - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?tab=overview&hosting=cloud) for the customization setup using the add-on.

Keep in mind that it will be difficult to control what customer put into his/her email body content for mapping to custom fields. It is because there will be no nomenclature controls that you can enforce on user's email generation.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders