Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The screen of the request type display differently under each IT Service Desk Project

Tim Bao July 27, 2020

hi there, 

I have an issue with the request type display, when I created a fresh new project and when you look into the request type is showing as follow: 

iShot2020-07-27pm04.54.20.pngyou see I have all these groups and common requests that I can edit, but when I try to use a different account(business account), the layout of the request type completely changed (the image attached below)and I am pretty sure both of these projects, I have chosen the right project template (IT service desks), but the request types layout varies from each other. 

iShot2020-07-27pm05.00.52.png

Please let me know what the issue is and thank you heaps.

Regards, 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

When you say you are using a different account do you mean a completely different instance of Jira? Are they different URLs? It appears to me that these are different code bases.

Tim Bao July 27, 2020

Hi Jack, yes I am using my private and company email to test the instance of Jira. They are different URLs, but I assumed that they shouldn't be displayed differently as I chose the same project setting for both of them.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

it could be that the latter image is from Server instance or a different version of Cloud. Mine looks like the first image (cloud). Are both URLs of type xxx.atlassian.net or does one have a different domain, e.g. company domain?

Tim Bao July 27, 2020

Yes, both of them have the type some type of URL (xxx.atlassian.net ).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2020

my only guess is that they are two different SW builds. The second image looks newer to me but have not observed in my instance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2020

Tim, I have confirmed that the second view is in fact newer version and took effect with all new instances created post 7/24/2020.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events