The same approvals

Kristaps Vilcāns June 22, 2021

We have two fields in the application where need to enter the current manager ("Approval") and the new manager (custom field: "User Picker (single user)"). When first manager approves application, then at workflow goes to next status and second manager needs to approve it. In some cases, it may be the same person, so the question is, can and how can it be created so that the manager don't need to approve it twice if it is the same person? Workflow - http://prntscr.com/16azu9m

Can it be done by automation or at workflow using some conditions/post functions? How? We don't want use some extra plugins. I am new at Jira and can't find solution to do this. 

Automation:

WHEN "Issue created" -> IF (issue matches > Approvals = *User Picker (single user) ) -> THEN Issue transition ...

If that IF statement didn't show that error, that would be correct statement for this automation process or not? 

* -> User Picker (single user) is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type. 

This is the same problem, but there is no answer, so again question - Rule to autoapprove a step if approver has already... (atlassian.com)

1 answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

This is actually rather straightforward, if you use the Issue Fields condition instead of the JQL condition:

1. When issue transitioned to second status (ie. waiting for approval)
  2. If: Approvers equals (in any order) the Manager from the current issue
  3. Then: Approve Request
Kristaps Vilcāns June 28, 2021

As I understand You mean automation conditions, right? 

I can't get right IF syntax. What is correct syntax for comparing two values "user picker fields"? If I knew the constant/defined values, then there would be no problem, but I need to compare the values entered by the users. 

This syntax doesn't work for IF condition:

"First approval" in (currentUser()) AND "Second approval" in (currentUser())

If I use "=" instead of "AND", then I receive error message: "The value 'Second approval' does not exist for the field 'First approval'."

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events