Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The email server of Jira Service Desk deliver emails with a big delay

pablo_marcos September 23, 2020

Hi,

From a few days ago the layer of Jira Service Desk deliver the emails with a big latency, it could ser since 5 hours to deliver the emails; I went to see the config email of JSD and  displays this error from here

https://digitalfactory.melia.com/secure/admin/SDMailInfo.jspa

Attached the logs generated in this URL and I hope to guide me about this error 

SDMailInfo 

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

Hi Fahad,

Around 3 to five hours, I checked the configuration but I didn´t find errors, at the end the emails are delivered

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2020

@pablo_marcos If all configuration is ok then I would suggest to check with your email admin and network team. There can be possibility of high response time in coumnication.

Once you need to take their confirmation that all services are working normally.

Also I would suggest to send a test email from outgoing email settings and see if u receive any logs.

We faced some issue related to email and for a test I used the network admin user name and password then it got fixed from network team side

@[deleted] , 

Just tested the general config and emails with other inbox works with good times (delivery with less of 5 minutes); I´m reviewing if the config done in JSD is correct in  comparison with other mail inboxes

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

@pablo_marcos can you ping the mail server ip from jira prod server and see the response time?

How i can do this? where is the option ?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2020

You need to logging in jira production server.

Then go in cmd

After that use the below command

Ping "mail server ip address" then press enter.

From a shell when put the URL doesn´t identtify this and not responding; the JIra performance is very low and I´m going to restart the application

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events