Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'Issue Transitions' field in Legacy Automation

Fabio Girardi November 5, 2020

Dear,

I would like to add more options to the 'Issue Transitions' field in Legacy Automation. Where do I add more options in this? Follow image attached.

issue.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Igor Glagolev January 26, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo SystemsI could not find a trigger by a related task in the new rules. I would be grateful if you could show me where he is. Anyway, my ticket has been processed and my question has been answered:

Hi Igor,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support!

I hope you're doing well. My name is Prathiksha and I will be assisting you with this ticket.

From the description, I understand that the issue transitions seen in the automation rule don't match with the workflow statuses.

In the Legacy automation rules, the issue transitions that are seen are not the statuses but the transition names in the workflow.

Due to the fact that I renamed the statuses, I got two statuses with different names, but the same transition names. Therefore, there was confusion)

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

@Igor Glagolev, linked here are screenshots showing the linked issue action.Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.52.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.53.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.53.09 AM.png

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

Fabio,

Are you saying that you'd like to  perform a different transition as a part of this action? If so, you'll need to update your workflow within the  project so that more transition options are available.

Thanks,

Kian

Igor Glagolev January 21, 2021

Hello Kian!

I have updated a workflow in my project, however the list of statuses has not been updated.

Automation1.jpgAutomation2.jpg

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

@Igor Glagolev, is the workflow published? 

Thanks,

Kian

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems , yes. All statuses are visible in tasks within the project.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

@Igor Glagolev, it makes sense that you would be able to see 6 transitions as there is not transition back to the open status. Why you are seeing 5 instead of 6 I'm not sure.

Are there any conditions on the status transition which is missing?

Thanks,

Kian

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems 
There are no conditions for the transition, all transitions to all statuses are allowed. The list of statuses in the first screenshot is the state of the workflow before the update. There is a feeling that legacy automation is reading the list of statuses from somewhere in the cache.

Pay attention, the status "В разработке" in the first screenshot without a dot, in the second - with a dot. This is because for some reason in the first screenshot it has not been updated.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021

Hmm.. have you tried creating a brand new rule? I'm kinda guessing at this point as I don't have a great idea of what is wrong.

Thanks,

Kian

Igor Glagolev January 22, 2021

Unfortunately, the new rules do not contain the option "Update Jira linked issues"

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

It does have the option to do linked issue updates, it's just not called that anymore.

If you want to perform updates on linked issue, you need to set up a Branch rule/related issues action.

I'm having trouble sending a screenshot right now, but if you have any trouble finding the action I'm talking about just let me know and I can provide some further clarification.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events