Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tempo tracking time before issue is created

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 16, 2021

Hello,

right now we are using the Tempo Demo and I wanted to know if theres a way to start tracking the time and then create the issue to the tracked time.

e.g. when we drive to our customer and track the work time that we´ve done there on site but theres no issue created yet, can we also create the issue after tracking time (via Tempo App for example)

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Sinemnur Dasdemir ,

Interresting idea but I don't believe it is possible.

Tempo and time tracking is done against an issue so something will need to exist. I feel this is more of a procedural thing where you'd have to create a tentative issue ?

What you could do otherwise (with Tempo and the Accounts system in there) is maybe to define your customers within the accounts and create a "Travel" issue where you log time against with the Account of that customer.

Later you could then report on that.

My main problem with this way of working would be that you would be doing work/tracking time without having something to book against. (but thats procedure I guess)

TL;DR: doubt it's possible. you'll always have to have some kind of issue to track against.

Sinemnur Dasdemir June 17, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

yes I doubted that as well but still wanted to be sure.

Thank you for clearing it up to me!

1 vote
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans has a great answer.

I'd like to add that many customers do something similar to what you are asking, so it may help. You can use the Tempo Time Trackers to start tracking time without an issue yet. It's easy to manage on Cloud by adding the Tempo Time Trackers gadget to a Dashboard. Start a tracker, write a description, then you could pause it/start it, until you are ready to click "Log Time" and log it to an issue (which you will need to have in order to log the time). But you could theoretically create the issue later when you have the chance. You just have to remember to start/pause the tracker 😊

See more here under the heading "Adding Tempo Trackers to Your Jira Dashboard" https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-with-a-time-tracker.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7zMQ8H4cIg

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events