Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team-Managed Multi-select People Field and Email Automation

Paul Benati April 29, 2021

All,

I am using Jira Automation in Team-Managed JSM Cloud to send an email to one or more users.  The users are in a single multi-select People field (i.e., Request participants).  Unfortunately, sometimes one or more of the Request participants users are invalid email addresses.  When an invalid email address exists it causes all of the Request participants users to not receive the email.  How can I split up the users within the Request participants People field to send individual emails?

One way to do this would be to loop over the users within the Request participants field executing an email command each time, but I don't know how to do this.  Is there a way?  If not, then is there another way to achieve the results?

Note:  currently I use the following smart value for the email's To: field:  {{#issue.Request participants}}{{emailAddress}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}

Thanks,
Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hey Paul,

If you can't get it handled in Automation, we handle this scenario in Notification Assistant for Jira as long as you set it to email each user individually.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events