Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take back a CAB approval?

Matt Campbell October 11, 2018

Am I just missing it, or is there no way for a CAB approver to "take back" their approval?  I, for one, do occasionally click the wrong button in software.  Right now, if anyone in my CAB accidentally clicks Approve, their "vote" is registered and that's it.  If they made a mistake or change their mind they can not override it!  Further, why does it just BAM transition to the decline transition when ONLY ONE approver clicks decline, that seems extreme!

Using this setup:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/change-management-817562147.html

2 answers

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

We have faced the same issue. What we did is ask for multiple approvals at one approval step. This seem to help that. 

Another thing you can do is edit the approval by removing one approval for another user approval. 

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Hi Matt Matt,

You could add another workflow step at the approval stage that is a cancel or revert and expose it on the portal. 

Hope that helps

Susan

Matt Campbell October 12, 2018

Yeah, there are lots of work arounds, but the behaviour is not desired to begin with.. Nor does it make sense.  It takes everyone to approve, but just one decline and the workflow triggers.

A workflow work around also means giving more permissions to CAB members than they would otherwise need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events