Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sync Users and Groups fail

I'm trying to move from server to cloud and I get the error below. I'm over writing everything. Is there a way to skip user import and add them after I migrate the data from my back up? 

FAILEDSynchronizing users and group

Thanks, Sam

3 answers

0 votes

Greetings,

In case you run into this error message while performing a site import in the Jira cloud, please refer to the following KB for additional guidance:

We compiled some checks and verifications you can try before attempting a new import. We hope that helps.

Best,

Fábio

Anyone have any ideas on whats causing this error on migration from server to cloud?

Error importing data: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.UsersImportService$WrappingCrowdException

0 votes

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I can see that you are using Cloud free and the error you are facing might be related due to the number of available licenses. 

It's not possible to skip the user import, but you can edit the entities.xml and set the users as inactive or even remove them. 

On the entities.xml, users will show as the example below:

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" createdDate="2018-12-13 19:41:47.381" updatedDate="2018-12-14 19:41:45.769" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="User" lowerDisplayName="user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:a78901b2-c34d-56e7-f8g9-0h1i2j345k67" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

You can change "0" on "active", so their account will be imported, but as inactive.

After changing the information, save the file and zip it again to import to Cloud.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Thanks Angelica. I made all but 5 inactive and tried the import again and is failed at users again with this error below. Any ideas on this?

• Error importing data: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.UsersImportService$WrappingCrowdException

Thank you for testing, Sam.

Can you confirm if the sysadmin user is set as active? I didn't mention, but this account is required for the migration to work, so check the entities.xml again to confirm if the sysadmin is active. 

Can you access Cog icon > Billing > Manage subscriptions and change the plan from Free to Standard in order to test? It will start a trial period, so it won't be necessary to add payment information.

Then, try to access the Product access page and check if the default groups were set before trying to migrate again.

What I ended up doing is removing all users except myself (admin) from the entities.xml file, saved and zipped then re-imported and that worked. I then went in and added users. Now just have a few bugs to work out that I will be posting for help.

Thank you for helping,

Sam

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

319 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you