• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stop Batching email notifications in Jira Service Desk

Hi everyone.

In Jira Documentation there is а page witch contains information about Customer notifications in Jira Service Desk. It says that "These notifications are not batched, and you can’t choose the frequency of sending them — every notification is sent in a separate email after an event occurs." But in real life it's a lie! If issue was updated many times in short time, Jira SD will batch all changes all together in one notification. Example screenshot (sorry it's in Russian). 

The notification message template was configured with only ${message.content} variable. 

Is there any ability to get rid of Jira Service Desk Customer notifications batching?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi all,

I have checked directly with Atlassian team, the notifications are batched, unfortunately there is not a possibility to change them or turn the batching off:

As for the customer notifications, they are batched with a period of 1 minute. Unfortunately, it is not possible to customize these notifications.

Regards,

Adam

Why!? Why there is no such ability? Does they say something about plans for such feature implementation?

Hi,

that is all the info I've got. I suppose they would implement this feature if it gathers enough interest - you can find this feature request here and vote for it https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68967

Adam

43 votes over 1,5 year..... It seems that it will never been fixed(((

0 votes

I have a same problem - are there some settings for this?

I also appear to be experiencing this issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you