Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status messages are not translated

Fabienne Koppatsch September 4, 2020

Hello together,
the status messages that we have defined are not translated by Jira.

My colleague has set the ticket system to German and changes the status. The customer gets the status change in German.

Language test_2.PNG

I have my ticket system in english, so the customer gets the status changes in english.

Language test_1.PNG

Language test.PNG

Why does Jira not translate this into the appropriate language?

Thank you for your feedback,

Best regards,

Fabienne

2 answers

0 votes
Fabienne Koppatsch September 10, 2020

Hi Angélica,

thank you for your feedack. 

No, I cannot confirm this. The customer has set the language of the portal to English. My colleague in German. If my colleague changes the status, the customer receives the notification in German, even though the portal language is English.

So I think Jira is not translating it correctly.

Could you please check this again?

Thank you in advance,

Fabienne

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2020

Thank you for the details, Fabienne.

I was able to replicate the same issue here. 

I created a ticket in the portal and it was set to English. Then, I changed the status using an agent account with the profile language set to Portuguese and the status on the notification was in Portuguese.

Further searching, I found out that this issue was reported as a bug:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

Hello Fabienne,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When we add different languages to a Service Desk project, customers will receive notifications with the language they choose in the customer portal.

With that said, you can add German to the project, but if the customer didn't change the language on the portal to German, they will receive notifications in English.

Please, confirm if the customer set the portal to German. The notifications should be based on what customers choose in the portal and not the language the agent uses in Jira.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events