Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Status change when reporter comments (Automation)

There is SLA automation that we use for Reporter.

Attached are images.

I want this; If the reporter comments within 48 hours, the ticket status will be "on hold" automatically.

Is it possible?

Will this happen only on tickets that we've received as "Waiting for Customer"?

If there is an automatic "on hold" status, the SLA will stop for 48 hours.

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 06, 2023

Hi @Barış Özer , yes, I think this should be possible with a couple of rules. The first rule will be to automatically transition to on hold if a customer comments while in the waiting for customer status. The second rule will trigger on the SLA that you have breaching. In this rule, you will want to transition out of the waiting for customer status or you could have some label or some condition that would allow you to not transition to on hold as a result of the first rule. Does this make sense? 

if you need assistance getting started with these rules, please let me know. I should be at my computer in the next hour and can give it a go if needed. 

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 06, 2023

By the way, it seems a bit odd that she would want to transition to an on hold status if the customer responds. Generally when the customer responds while in a waiting for customer status, it goes back to support. But I don’t know your full use case either.

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Hello again,

I want this as the 48 hour SLA is a process for us.

When the customer returns, we may forget to set it to "on hold" status. (There may be workload)

That's why I want the "Waiting for Customer" status to be automatically "on hold" status if the customer returns (comment) within 48 hours.

Can you help with screenshots?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 11, 2023

Hi @Barış Özer , I am mobile at the moment but will try to get back to this later today. If you have attempted the rules please share here as that will remind me and might be quicker to resolution. 

Hi @Jack Brickey 

I haven't tried the rule, I'm very confused..

Can you help? (:

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 12, 2023

ok so let me reset and capture what you want...

If you want to transition an issue to "On Hold" if it has been in Waiting for customer for more than 48 hours then your rule should look like this...

2023-01-12_08-14-12.jpg

Please note in the above example you will want to reference your actual threshold and usually on hold status rather than pending. I did not have your SLA for and on hold status to use in this example.

If you want to transition an issue to "On Hold" that is in the Waiting for Customer status if the customer replies within 48h of entering Waiting for Customer then try the following rule structure...

2023-01-12_08-32-40.jpg

Please note the following in the above example:

• The trigger is on any comment where it is the main action 
  • the Initiator condition restricts to Reporter (customer)
  • the JQL condition checks if the SLA has breached which allows the rule to exit if a customer comments outside of the other conditions, e.g. not in WFC status or SLA is no running. You need to change the SLA name here.
  • The action should change to On Hold

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for or close. I would suggest creating the rules and testing them to achieve your exact requirements.

Like Barış Özer likes this

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Hello,

I made it like the 2nd screenshot. And it was successful.

I couldn't do it like in the 1st screenshot. So I tried the 2nd screenshot.

I want this and can you give exact answer?

This rule should work only when there is a Waiting for Customer status.

When "reporter" comments on a different ticket, the status is not "on hold" right?

--------

And, when the "reporter" comments, there is a lot of unnecessary text as in the screenshot. Why is that?

----------

And,
Will the "reporter" reply to the incoming mail?

Does it matter?

As a company, users use reply mail to post comments.

Only comments are supposed to appear?
Other articles like the one above should not come.

image.pngimage.png

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 12, 2023

The rule that I provided will only transition an issue to "On hold" if all of the conditions (status = Waiting for customer AND the comment is made by the Reporter AND the SLA has not yet breached). You asked...

"When "reporter" comments on a different ticket, the status is not "on hold" right?"

Again, if the reporter comments on any ticket the rule will be triggered but the action will only be executed if all 3 conditions are met.

Regarding the text in the comment I really can't say where that's coming from. Maybe you've got some other automations or something I just don't know. However I will note that the yellow comment is an internal comment. Are you testing this where you are the reporter?

Hi @Jack Brickey 

I want to know:

Will this rule work when "reporter" comments in Waiting for Customer status?

I want it like this.

Status: If the "reporter" comments when In Progress or Issue is Linked, it should not work.

----

Why do I want it like this?

Because I made a special SLA for the Waiting for Customer status.

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 13, 2023

@Barış Özer , Yes

Please set it up and test. This is the best (and only) way to ensure you have the solution you want.

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Are you here? Can you help me please ask something.. (:

Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 23, 2023

@Barış Özer , do you have a question?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS