Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying email address for notifications in JIRA Service Desk

Craig Moran May 29, 2019

We have multiple service desk projects, each using the same email address in the Notifications section (Project Settings -> Notifications).  My question is: Is it OK to use the same email address for all projects, or is it recommended to use a unique email address, one for each project?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

Craig,

One email address should be used per a service desk project.

See topic, add an email account.

Victor

Craig Moran May 29, 2019

Thanks, that's what I thought.  In our situation, comment creations for incoming emails are working for one project -- the very first Service Desk project we created -- but not always working for the other projects, which were created later on.  I believe that's because they were all configured using the same email address.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

hold on a second....

You should definitely use a unique email for creating issues per project. However, the notifications can, and generally do, come from a single email address.

example:

project 1 - email requests via proj1@urcompany.com

project 2 - email requests via proj2@urcompany.com

notifications from both projects via jira@urcompany.atlassian.net

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events