Specify the text in the 2 line description of portal knowledge articles

Matthew Foley April 5, 2021

When looking at the list of articles in the Customer Portal, the customer sees the name/title of the article with first 2 lines of text that it pulls from the Confluence page.

We would like to have a simple description of what the customer can expect to find in the article in this 2 line field. We have added a description in an info box to the top of some of our Knowledge Base articles to attempt to do this.

However, the portal pulls the text from this description box + the text from the document, resulting in a description followed by the beginning of the text from the doc (which is not clean/clear).

It appears that the portal is pulling the first ~160-165 characters from the kb doc to use in this 2 line description. We have tried adding extra spaces, horizontal breaks, and different types of help/info boxes, but cannot seem to specify where the 2 line description cuts off. 

At this point, I am assuming that we have no way to customize this (JSM is very limited in what can be customized) but since I cannot find another request for this, I figured I would create one. 

Your help/input is greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Foley April 5, 2021

Screen shot from JSM for referenceScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 4.59.08 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin