• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Specify the text in the 2 line description of portal knowledge articles

When looking at the list of articles in the Customer Portal, the customer sees the name/title of the article with first 2 lines of text that it pulls from the Confluence page.

We would like to have a simple description of what the customer can expect to find in the article in this 2 line field. We have added a description in an info box to the top of some of our Knowledge Base articles to attempt to do this.

However, the portal pulls the text from this description box + the text from the document, resulting in a description followed by the beginning of the text from the doc (which is not clean/clear).

It appears that the portal is pulling the first ~160-165 characters from the kb doc to use in this 2 line description. We have tried adding extra spaces, horizontal breaks, and different types of help/info boxes, but cannot seem to specify where the 2 line description cuts off. 

At this point, I am assuming that we have no way to customize this (JSM is very limited in what can be customized) but since I cannot find another request for this, I figured I would create one. 

Your help/input is greatly appreciated! 

1 answer

Screen shot from JSM for referenceScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 4.59.08 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community! We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plan...

700 views 10 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you