Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Specific user doesn't receive JIRA's e-mail notifications

Hi,

A specific user on Jira cannot receive email notifications.

I checked in "Notifications Helper" and the notifications are working correctly and are set up correctly (see also my screenshot).

notification.png

The issue may be similar to: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Specific-user-doesn-t-receive-JIRA-s-e-mail-notifications/qaq-p/1696453?

The user has been able to receive emails since 12/2021.

NOTE: Email notification does not work even when the user is tagged to tickets.

Please let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks,
Nico

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team May 26, 2022

Hi @nico_felice , welcome to the Community!

I found that particular user you mentioned hasn't been able to receive email from Atlassian since March 7 due to errors returned by Office365 on some mail delivery attempts. I've cleared out the errors on the Atlassian side for this user (and several others) who were placed on our suppression list the same day.

Because of the particular error our mail service received and because your organization uses Office365, we've got an article that will help prevent this from happening in the future. If an Exchange Online admin at your organization (usually someone in IT has this permission) can follow the steps listed on Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud , it will help this condition from happening again in the future.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel Eads!

We tested the notifications again and now they work fine!
We have also added the new rule on Office365.

I really appreciate the support and very fast!

Thanks,
Nico

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

346 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you