Specific customer can't receive Customer Notification

Plant ) Yuma August 25, 2022

It looks like similar case with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=notification&location=category%3Ajira-service-desk&page=2&collapse_discussion=true&search_type=thread,

but our 1 customer can't get customer notification.

I confirmed some points but is there any additional points to check?

And is there any way to see audit log whether the customer notification sent correctly?(via admin?)

What I confirmed

• Service desk Customer Notification setting
    • Triggers e.x)Issue commented are active.
  • Other customers(same domain) receive Customer Notification
  • The customer is not Jira account
    • So that she doesn't disable her notification setting on Jira account.
  • Request Type is set in the ticket
  • The customer's email address is not invalid.
  • The customer confirmed all emailbox including spam.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hello @Plant ) Yuma 

Unfortunately there is no email log to check. That certainly would make life a lot easier sometimes...

A few more suggestions you can try

• Copy/Paste the email address and send the customer a manual email. I have learned that even valid looking mail address might not actually be valid...
  • Ask the administrator of the customer to check the mailservers maillog. Perhaps there is a local rule in place that is preventing delivery to this particular customer.
  • Are you sending emails from a custom domain? Is so, is everything validated and are the DNS records (SPF and DMARC) in place?
  • Try setting an automation to send an email when this customer places a comment. Does that email come through?

When everyone else is receiving email but 1 customer isn't, the problem usually lies with that customer. Either their personal notifications are turned off, the email address is incorrect or there are client side rules in place that prevent the correct delivery of this email.

Please keep us posted!

Plant ) Yuma August 25, 2022

Thanks @Paul Wiggers 

> Copy/Paste the email address and send the customer a manual email. I have learned that even valid looking mail address might not actually be valid...

I heard so, but will double check it.

> Ask the administrator of the customer to check the mailservers maillog. Perhaps there is a local rule in place that is preventing delivery to this particular customer.

We believe it's fine because other client using same domain and can receive our customer notification...

> Are you sending emails from a custom domain? Is so, is everything validated and are the DNS records (SPF and DMARC) in place?

Yes. 

> Try setting an automation to send an email when this customer places a comment. Does that email come through?

I see, I will try this. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events