• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Some emails don't create issues in Jira Service Management

Very scary problem as I only recently noticed.  Some incoming emails are not being picked up by jira (not even visible in the log) and thus not creating new ticket in JSM

Our mail domain is handled through Google and in the logs over there I can see the mails are actually delivered 

Dec 15, 2020, 12:42 Received from an SMTP client with IP address: 40.107.7.57 (TLS enabled) 

Dec 15, 2020, 12:42 Delivered to an SMTP serverNo Error 

Dec 15, 2020, 12:42 Delivered to an SMTP server with IP address: 54.240.250.228 (TLS enabled)

I've added now some config to both deliver the incoming emails to my mailbox and to Jira and can confirm that it looks like really random behaviour...

• all emails are delivered to Jira
  • but only some are shown in the logs and eventually in the ticket list (or are deleted because of spam, which is correct) 
  • some others (from real customers) do no appear in the logs nor tickets list

JSM is set up at our side to accept mails from everyone without having an account (and it is proven to be working as one of the mails that got through was coming from a new contact) 

This is very inconvenient as we rely on JSM for customer interactions and we think responsiveness is major quality in this.  Please advice! 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Dec 15, 2020

Hi @Tim Bertens , so how have you confirmed your first bullet if not via the logs? This one may be one for Atlassian Support as it may take someone logging in to dig into detailed logs that we (Community) don't have access to.

Well yeah, that is based on the logs I can find myself in Google Admin Center.  I'll submit it to support, indeed a better spot

Jack Community Leader Dec 15, 2020

please keep us posted! I'm intrigued for sure.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

165 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you