Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Agent users are complaining they are not getting email notifications when customers reply

Jennifer Doerre December 23, 2020

I have 5 agents of service desk that are complaining that they are not getting email notifications when customers reply to a ticket.  I am not able to replicate this with my own user. I think there may be some confusion between their customer user and agent user, but I am not sure how to troubleshoot or fix.  

Any ideas on how I can figure this out?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Is it possible that these agents are also listed as customers in the project?

Jennifer Doerre January 4, 2021

they are not listed as a customer on this service desk project

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

ok so to be sure, they are not in an Organization listed in the project either, correct?

With that aside then you need to check the project settings > notifications to ensure they are in a group/role to receive notifications. Next have your IT check to see if the notification emails are seen at the server side. Obviously have the users check junk mail (unlikely but...).

Jennifer Doerre January 4, 2021

How do you check organizations? It does not seem like they are from what orgs are added, but I am not sure how to check that. The notification scheme used should be sending emails to them. Some do get these

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

Your organizations will be listed in the Customers view then you simply drill down into each org you have to see the customers in each. 

regarding the notification scheme you need to check that the user not receiving emails is in fact in the specific role or group. The role will be listed for the user under the People settings and any group would be under admin > user management for that user. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events