Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Values not working in Customer Notifications

Support December 17, 2020

I want to add a smart value into the "Customer Notifications" options, specifically the reporters email address into the "Participant added" notification. 

I have been told I can use the below smart value:

{{issue.reporter.emailAddress}}

E.g.

You have been added as a participant to case ${issue.key} "${issue.summary}"
Case raised by: {{issue.reporter.emailAddress}}

Case Description
${issue.description}

However, when I test this the output just reads "issue.reporter.emailAddress" as plain text. See below as email output.

image.pngDo I need to enable this value somewhere else in the config? 

Is there another way to print the reporters email address? I know I can print the "name" this just seems to put the Jira name set by the reporter. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Support ,

you can include issue variables in the customer notifications, they start with ${ and end with }.

If you include ${issue.reporter.name} instead of {{issue.reporter.emailAddress}} to your template, you should be able to obtain reporter's name. I don't think reporter's email is available, see here(section Include issue variables).

Support December 17, 2020

Hi.

Thank you for the response.

I understand I can print the name but I require the reporters email address in the auto reply, but it doesn't sound like that is possible.

It was mentioned in my post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Use-Reporter-Email-Instead-Of-Name/qaq-p/1537994

that I could use smart values but they don't seem to work.

Are you aware of any method at all of printing the reporters email address?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Support ,

AFAIK there are two possibilites:

1) Customer notifications in Service Management - this is the way you are using now and I don't think you are able to get reporter's email (it seems the appropriate variable is not available)

2) Automation rule, which will react to the Request participants field change and send email to the reporter (or something like this). In this case you will be able to use smart values and get reporter's email in the description. But this notification will be handled using different functionality then the others and I would recommend you not to do it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events